2008-12-06

Pack

The first 3 punk records released in West Germany were at that time (1978) considered as rip off by the record industry. This is not totally true for Pack. Although they were boring old farts - look at the cover! - they managed to sound a little bit like The Stooges and MC5 which is okay with me.
Link | alternative link

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Glad to read your coment on this record, somehow it answers the comment I left on Mark's site. Of the other two, well, the Strassenjungs is a pretty ugly album, innit? Birgit O, Ich vergess' nicht deinen Po... and so on... Ahem... the music is normal boring rock. The Big Balls 1st album, well, the cover is confusing (like sleazy glam or something) and the lyrics are... well, unspeakable, haha, but the music has very good moments. I'm curious about the Maniacs' first album which came in 78-79, I remember some comment from yours in Brotbeutel but I never got to hear the music. Their later stuff (mid 80's) was OK tho pretty generic HC to my ears...
Saludos,
Fernando :)

martinf hat gesagt…

Hi Fernando,
the 1978 The Maniacs have nothing to do with those HC-Maniacs. The record on blubber lips sounds more like a bad copy of Rolling Stones with songtitles even worse than Straßenjungs like "Rape is a beautiful game", "I´m a bad boy", "The cops are coming" or "Red hot queen"

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Martin, I just found the little brother to this LP so here's the link:
http://isksp.blogspot.com/2008/12/pack-1978-comon-7.html
I had "Com'on" in one of'em Bloodstains LPs but after having given some listens to the LP I think the single is kinda weaker.
I forgot, thanks for the correction about Maniacs. I always thought there were many suspicious differences between the both but I assumed that two German bands called Maniacs had to be the same band, hahaha. But you were right of course.
Thanks, saludos
Fernando :)