
Don't believe those who rave about this record. In fact when it was released 1977 we all hated it. Just look at the cover: what a bunch of posers, fake Hitler and long hair. Look at the record label: Teldec, big company, obviously only in it for the cash like CBS with Straßenjungs. Listen to the record: who needs a cover version like "Anarchy in Germany"? And the sound was weak. So at that time for all the real young punk kids this wasn't the real thing but just fake. We had to wait another 2 years for "real punk" records to be released like Rotzkotz, Male, Buttocks and Razors, but then we all were listening to the latest wave and experimental stuff from the UK and didn't care about punk anymore but listend to Plan, S.Y.P.H. and Materialschlacht and so Deutschpunk became the sound of the late-comers ;-).
Link |
another Link |
Third Link
3 Kommentare:
I never believed those who raved about this record (tho the cover has its fans, check the link) and always thought you all hated it because that's what I would have done in '77. The cover, the lyrics... yeah, indeed; in fact I was surprised when reading the liner notes to “Paranoia in der Strassenbahn” (my first approach to the Balls) not mentioning the high questionability of the combo.
But then - come to think of the first Spanish 'punk' records (Ramoncín!!), and many from other countries, and even Germany -Straßenjungs!, Nina Hagen Genesis Band!!-, well, in comparison, the Big Balls album was a pretty decent starter for German punk. It ain't brilliant, it sounds like a sub-Vibrators thing (not so far from, say, PVC), but it's funny and has some musical moments. And weren's most of 77 UK punk bands bandwagonjumpers after all?
Anyway, I was a total late-late-comer to Deutschpunk so I enjoy N. Arseholes, Blut + Eisen, Inferno or Razzia as much as I rejoyce myself with Mittagspause, SYPH, Abwärts, DAF, Male or der Plan. Not that I don't get your point, which is very clear; the Deutschpunk explosion came at the same time as so-called UK'82 (in fact, ca. 1980 - Exploited, Discharge etc) and often you can even hear that... But it kept evolving and produced a bunch of great HC bands in the mid 80s. In the 2nd half of the 80s the new bands went as boring as in the rest of the world as far as I can see...
Liebe Grüsse,
Fernando :)
Hallo Martin, thank you for all the nice records.
Maybe you have some of these ?
- Herbst in Peking - any full albums
- Herne 3 (LPs: Na los, 1982; Nimm mich mit, 1985; Strahlemann, 1986; CDs: Herne 3, 1997, Meilenweit, 1998, Gute Besserung, 2002)
- STEVENS NUDE CLUB (schweiz) - first st lp 86 or 2nd lp nervöus87 (whatever isn't posted on sunbathinglizard)
- Claudia Robot (Austria)- Alarmsignal 82
- Bal Pare
- Paso Doble
Sorry, ich kann mit nichts davon dienen :-\
Kommentar veröffentlichen