2009-03-25

S.Y.P.H - 1.LP

At the end of 1979 S.Y.P.H. entered a professional studio and recorded some kind of a split-record: on side one you hear 8 fast punk/pop tunes including "Industriemädchen" in it's original arrangement, but on side two there are 3 long sessions which are more related to kraut than punk. The record was released on CD a few years ago, but all tracks were remixed and some edited. The record was dedicated to Rudi Dutschke and says "Hello to the Mipau" on the back which some people confuse for the title of the record. And did I mention that there are no generic punk lyrics on the record?
Link

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Martin, I'm surprised that you link to other blogs when there are far better SYPH posts in Brotbeutel! Even the Geverlsberg tapes link is a rip off of your original post with your own homemadecovers and a google translation!!!
Here's a couple of links I found that you may find of interest for this blog -
http://commercialzone.blogspot.com/2009/03/der-moderne-man-unmodern-1982.html
and
http://la-cantatrice-chauve.blogspot.com/2008/09/tommi-stumpff-mich-kriegt-ihr-nicht.html

I'm glad that Happy New Wave is working again but anonymous comments are not allowed now, I wonder if you could please tell the guy? Thanks, saludos
Fernando :)

martinf hat gesagt…

In fact the original idea of this blog was to link to ndW/german-punk records NOT posted through Brotbeutel. So if someone is ripping Brotbeutel off, (s)he gets ripped off by NotMyCupOfBeer ;-)
(By the way: the Babelfish-translation at Mutant-Sounds was the reason why I added my own translation to my original posting.)
Anyway if someone wants to contribute to this blog as author and comment about Brotbeutel-postings we can talk about it...

Anonym hat gesagt…

If that's an invitation (sounds a bit like that) I say thanks but I have to decline it. Contributing links and comments, yeah, always, but author? I'm a NDW and Deutschpunk fan but couldn't talk about it with such finesse and acquaintaince / familiarity / Bekanntschaft with the genre as you have :(
Saludos & nice job Martin
Fernando :)