2008-11-04

Male - Zensur & Zensur

Yeah, what can you say about this album that hasn't been said before? I think Germanys answer to The Clash sums it up pretty much.
Link / Alternate Link / Third Link / Fourth Link
Bonustracks
More Bonustracks

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Well, as a newcomer to the Deutschpunk / NDW world (well, back in the days little from that was known in Spain, apart from DAF, Der Plan, and, later, Upright Citizens, part of the Aggressive Rock catalogue and a coupla bands that came playing here, like Blut + Eisen, Torpedo Moskau and such...), I've become more a more a fan in the last 5+ years and, well, Male, I loved this Clashian thing full of melody and singalong choruses. A bit of Gen X / Chelsea / SLF there, too.
I've got this little doubt, if there's any relation between the "Clever & Smart" title and the "Clever & Smart" comic books, as I know that Ibañez's "Mortadelo y Filemón" books were published in Germany under that name.
Btw http://www.rondo-ton.de/ has that single (not for download but a stream file).
And there was an EP called "No future in 1977" (released in the 1900's by Teenage Rebel) which supposedly has 1977 demos (sung in English), I'd love to hear that one...
Gracias, saludos & keep the good job Martin!!

Fernando :)

martinf hat gesagt…

Hi Fernando,
the "More Bonustracks"-link gives you access to these shitty tape-recordings from 1977: Riots Hymn/Police/Schrinz/No Future/Gloomy City/Chaos and also to both tracks from the Clever & Smart-7". And off course the title is taken the Clever & Smart comic books although the lyrics are a bit vague.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Silly me, you're right, the 1977 demos & Clever & smart single are there, I had downloaded it but only saw the first titles thinking it had only the 1990's re-recordings... ahem... Finally I'll have the chance to hear that too, thanks!!
Thanks for the info on Mortadelo y Filemón too ;) Now that I think of it, I don't know of any Spanish band that wrote a tribute song for them (I could be wrong though); probably Male's song was the first one (well, maybe not a tribute, but clearly related) and I wonder if F. Ibáñez ever knew that, haha
Saludos,
Fernando :)